Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Note to self for next year

Do NOT miss "Talk like a Pirate Day" again.

I'm a day late, but for those who know how very much I love a good rolicking pirate adventure, may I present:


(The worst pirate movie - ever)


(ah that Errol - a true swashbuckler)


(if one is good, two is better)


(I never saw the movie but I loved the book. But why does she look so happy? Doesn't she know how it ends?)


(A remake - and this one might be worth tracking down)


(oh, this one made me cry when I was just a young girl. And look, Yul Brenner with hair though)


(what is it about those tall ships?)


(for the kids - look boys and girls, he has a parrot on his shoulder)


(ah that Kermit, he'll do anything for Ms. Piggy)



(and last but not least The. Best. Pirate. Movie. Ever! Captain Jack Sparrow foreva)


'til later




4 comments:

CindyS said...

Damn, I knew there was a movie lurking in my collection that I wanted to watch! I keep trying to save the movies so that Bob can watch them with me but the last time he sat and watched a movie was at Christmas and yes, it was Die Hard. I'm going to have to re-watch Pirates by myself ... hmmm, lucky me ;)

CindyS

Megan Frampton said...

I just requested POTC from the library...um, I just know my son will love it. Mommy, why are you drooling?

I saw Last of the Mohicans again, too, thanks to you--mmm, Daniel Day-Lewis. The movie itself didn't stand up as well, but that was okay.

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of movie soundtracks too and the soundtrack from POTC and LOTM are both excellent. It's funny, I've seen DDL in other movies and he doesn't do a thing for me but as Hawkeye - sigh.

Bev (BB) said...

Hey, I love Cuthroat Island. :-P

Of course, having grown up watching the old Errol Flynn movies with my dad, maybe my taste is skewed. :-D