Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happenings Around the Blog World

For your enjoyment, all the news that is of interest (well at least for me! :D)

Some Wonderful Upcoming Covers by These Awesome Authors:
Keep an eye out for February 2, 2009 because Connie Brockway is finally coming out with a new historical called So Enchanting. What an enchanting cover!

Colleen Gleason comes out with As Shadows Fade in March 2009, her final book in her Gardella Chronicles. This is my favorite cover of all her books. But the question remains, is that Max or Sebastian on the cover?

Jeaniene Frost just posted her new cover and stepback for At Grave's End, her next installment in her Night Huntress series. This ones comes out in time for the holidays this December. This cover is smoking hot!



Watch Out For These Contests:



The lovely ladies at the Book Binge are having a major contest in honor of their Shomi Spotlight that they have been posting about for weeks. Want to win some major Shomi book haul? Go to their site to see how you can seven titles from the Shomi Line!
Ace author, Ann Aguirre is giving away $200 worth in books! All you have to do is buy her new release, Wanderlust and send her your receipt number or on-line confirmation number. I could do some major damage with those winnings!!

Berkley author, Meljean Brook is having giving away two ARC's of her November release, Demon Bound. Just post the creepiest superpower you can think of. I posted and my super power is truly disgusting. Yup, I am one sick puppy. :P

Another Berkley author, Nalini Singh is having a contest in honor of her newest release, Hostage to Pleasure where you can win a $75 gift certificate to the on-line book store of your choice. Tempting isn't it?

Why Not Join In On This Fun?



My Friend Amy has put together Book Blogger Appreciation Week from Sept 15-19. It's the perfect way for bloggers to share the love for one another! Check out her blog for all the details.
Katiebabs (KB)

18 comments:

Anna said...

Wow! I love the Gardella cover. All the Gardella covers have great. But I think this one tops them all. :)

KT Grant said...

Anna: Are you Team Sebastian or Max?

Kati said...

Squeeee! I can't wait to read Connie's new historical. I'm not a huge fan of her contemps, so I'm thrilled with this news!

I love the last Gardella cover too. Colleen certainly makes out like a bandit when it comes to covers!

How are you feeling? Any better?

KT Grant said...

Hey MK!
Felling much better. I felt like I was dying over the weekend. Now if I can only eat normal food I would be so very happy.

Heather Massey said...

Thanks for posting about the Book Binge Shomi contest. After I finish profiling Linnea Sinclair (*shameless plug alert* and give away a copy of SHADES OF DARK later this week), I'm going to do that blog thingie of theirs and enter.

Anna said...

Team Sebastian! Max has his moments, but damn it he keeps walking out on her. She deserves better than that.

KT Grant said...

Heather: The Shomi line has some really great books and authors. I am so glad Dorchester came up with this great idea for these very creative and different books.

Anna: oh yes Anna, I am also, even some are still so sad in their thinking about Max *coughmkcough*

Kati said...

You will NEVER change my mind about Max!

*waving pom-poms*

TEAM MAX ALL THE WAY!

Stacy~ said...

I'm so glad Brockway is writing historicals again. Added this one to my list.

Love the Gardella cover (they've all been great) but the hero looks too young, imo. Still, it's gorgeous.

Glad you're feeling better. Being sick is so NOT fun. Take it easy so you don't have a relapse - read, take naps, pamper yourself.

azteclady said...

Kate, I hope you are feeling better?

KT Grant said...

Hey AL!! I am feeling much better :D
BTW I meant to comment on your awesome Wanerlust review but since I was still in a daze from being sick I didn't want to embarass myself by writing nonsense :P

Tracy said...

wow KB - those covers are great!

I don't know that I've ever read a Brockway *ducks*. I know, I'm behind! Arg! lol So many books, so little time

VampFanGirl said...

Wow...I love the new Colleen Gleason cover. It's stunning. I'm really liking the new Frost cover too.

azteclady said...

I'm very glad you are feeling better! and thank you--it's Issek (my s.o.) who makes these things so much fun!

Brie said...

That is a very pretty Gardella cover. I totally heart Sebastian.

Christine said...

WOW! I absolutely positively LOVE the cover to As Shadows Fade. I love all of the Gardella book covers, but this one is the most gorgeous. WOW.

I've only read the first Gardella book so far, and right now I like Sebastian best. He's amusing, enigmatic, and sexy. And he seems like trouble. But then not.

KT Grant said...

That's why I adore you Christine. You know a good man when you see one. :P
We need to help MK along though. Poor girl is stuck on "I need a laxative" Max.

Devon said...

I'm really looking forward to the Brockway. It sounds great!

Didn't realize there would be another Jeaniene Frost. I really love that stepback, actually.

And woot! Demon Bound.

It's going to be a good autumn