Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Guess That Book

Hope this helps jive - Clue Five

This is a Harlequin Historical book published in 1999. Although it's an older book, it appears on many lists of good westerns. It's in my top 25. The author continues to write poignant stories set in the old west that are reminiscent of Lorraine Heath.



~~~~~~UPDATE~~~~~~~


The book has been guessed!!

Joe's Wife by Cheryl St. John. This one is truly a heartwarming book!! I INSIST when next you visit a UBS you look for this one and get it!! And if they have more copies, get them too and send them to other readers. This one is in the top 25 (#18) of my all time favourite books. I have two copies myself in case I can't find one. I've read it a number of times now and every time I do, it still gives a powerful punch!!!!

Joe Telford was the perfect son and the perfect husband. But Joe didn't come back from the war. Meg, Joe's widow, will hang on to his ranch...even if she has to marry the last available man in town. Tye Hatcher has a reputation for drinking, gambling and consorting with loose women. Tye Hatcher is the last available man in town.

16 comments:

sybil said...

hhhhmmm Joe's Wife by Cheryl St.John?

LOL guess I should read the other clues too *g*

nath said...

ugh, it's a hard one Kristie!!! especially since I don't read Westerns LOL :P

sybil said...

I would SO say I am right but I don't remember the kid.

Wendy said...

Sybil: That's me! I totally had this pegged as Joe's Wife, but I don't remember the kid either! It has been a few years since I've read it though.....

sybil said...

I know it isn't The Doctor's Wife which I think was around the same time.

If not St.John maybe... Hart? But I don't think it is Cooper's Wife.

And what is it with all the wife titles? LOL

Is it cheating to email authors?

sybil said...

WOOT! Go team me! I the winner! Unless there are two VERY alike HH that year.

Go me uh huh uh huh, woot!

Uh but I don't need the prize I gots one signed to me. So uh can I pick who it goes too?

Unless GASP I not the winner.

Kristie (J) said...

Sorry to take so long to get here!! It was moving day at work and I didn't have a spare moment all day and then I was having someone come by after work and let's just say the house needed a wee bit o' work before they got here.
Anyhoo - Ding! Ding!! Ding!!! Sybil - you guessed right. It is indeed Joe's Wife. And remember the little girl? Eve was her name and an old friend of Tye's, Lottie, asked her to take care of Eve because she was dying. And since you already have SD, there's no problem sending it to a designated reader *g*. Just let me know who and I will get it sent out.

sybil said...

wendy shold be the winner unless she has it

if so it goes to cindys cause she should read it.

And if they BoTH have it it goes to Nath.

:) k?

Wendy said...

Oh Sybil lurves me! Thanks girlie, but I got a signed copy at RWA. So on to either Cindy or Nath it goes....

Kristie (J) said...

OK then - Cindy it is if she wants it :)

CindyS said...

Awww, Sybil you sweet woman! I have this one in the TBR pile so off to Nath!!

CindyS

azteclady said...

How could I guess? *pout* I haven't read it yet!


*sigh*

I'm never gonna win one of these...


*wink*

(and sybil is a generous duckie, ain't she?)

sybil said...

I is! And I think I have a package for you in my car az, with HH in it!

nath said...

Hi there everyone!! thank you for your generosity, it's really, really appreciated :) but hmmmm, I just like to play :D I'm not such a fan of Kleypas' contemporary, so I vote that the book goes to azteclady :D

Kristie (J) said...

Well then - if Sybil say so - AL it is!

azteclady said...

Wow!

Thank you, ladies!


Wow... :grin: