Saturday, March 25, 2006

The thoughts - they be flowing today

My latest pondering is why some romance fans get so caught up in an author. On the same board there is a discussion going on about Sherrilyn Kenyon – rather a lengthy one although so far it hasn’t flamed yet. I just don’t “get” the rabidity of some fans. Certain fans just can’t seem to be objective at all about their chosen author. I have my favourite authors – ones whose books I love and am first in line when a new release comes out – and who I admire for the way they conduct themselves online and outside of their books but I would never call any of them a goddess or anything. I can’t imagine putting any author on a pedestal – no matter how good they write. They are just people too.

‘til later

2 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Just check out the Laurel K. Hamilton boards for some seriously freakish fan behavior--it scares me!

Anonymous said...

I am a Nora Roberts fan, but if she writes a stinker I'm not going to claim it's the best book written. I try to stay away from rabid fandom 'cuz that's just scary.

I hope you're having a good weekend and that your husband is doing well. :)

I'm at work and I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. *sigh* I hate working on the weekend.

Bye!!!