Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A cockle warmer I did not see! *update*

Oh joy of joys. Another reader, Jennifer B just finished Dreaming of You. And she wasn’t even on my “official” list. Not only that, but I’ve found a new-to-me blogger to boot.

Gotta love it!

Took my frown – turned it upside down
Was havin’ a bad day – this really turned it around
One more fan, who I don’t have to hound
An’ I’m jumpin’ for joy - right off of the ground



'til later


I was checking out the Chapters website earlier today and just for the heck of it, looked up Dreaming of You. There was one copy at the Chapters right near me. In fact, that was the only copy in the whole city. I myself haven't reread this one for about a year and by now it's buried deep in Kristie's bookland. And I swear the book called my name over cyber space. "Buy me, stop by and buy me" it whispered. So, being under a spell, and since my other copy is quite worn anyway, I found myself turning right instead of going straight. And after "encouraging" so many readers to give it a try - what else could I do????
The city where I live is now officially out of new copies.
It seems I've succumbed to myself.



Oh dear, that sounds rather naughty.

8 comments:

Marg said...

Darn those book buying spells!!!

sybil said...

Place an order at the store and then cancel after they come in.

Really it is good for them ;)

Kristie (J) said...

Sybil - can you do that???? Cause they aren't shipping Surrender to any of the stores here in London. So if I were to order say 5 - then cancel them, would they put them on the shelves or send them back? The Lily Brand is another one we never received here in London - or anything by Diane Whiteside. Cause if they would put them on the shelves - why that would give me power - I like that thought. I like it a lot!

CindyS said...

Sybil! Quit corrupting Kristie!!

Meanwhile, I can't hit a bookstore in Hamilton without a large backlist of Kleypas but Dreaming of You is not usually there.

I just about died last night when LOST was a repeat. I think it's me. Each time I have told you what next week's episode preview is they play a repeat so I'm not talking no more ;) I was friggin' mad.

Just out of curiousity, how many episodes are on Season 1? Only because a normal season should be 24 but I'm beginning to wonder if we have even seen 12 episodes this year.

CindyS (hmm, I think I'm crabby)

Karen Scott said...

OK.... So I read Dreaming of You.

I'll let you know what I thought of it in the Tackling My TBR reviews that I'll be posting tomorrow *g*

Anonymous said...

why that would give me power - I like that thought. I like it a lot!

That sounds dangerous! lol

Kristie (J) said...

Cindy: wasn't that a nuisance about Lost? One new, one repeat, repeat, rinse!
And it was interesting - When I went to the bookstore last week and bought Devil in Winter - there were tons of them. Last night I couldn't find a one of them. She seems to be a seller.

Oooh Karen: rubbing my hands in anticipation!!! And wondering if I'm going to have to send you some British pounds or Eurodollars, but fervently hoping I won't have too :)

Jay: If one can do that kind of thing - there will be no stopping me :) The romance readers of this city WILL have a choice!

Holly said...

Ok...er..I'm not trying to stir up trouble ( SWEAR, I'M NOT) but am I the only person who didn't absolutely ADORE Derek Craven?

He was great and all, but I don't see what makes him stand out from all other heroes *ducks for cover*

Can you help me out here and explain the major attraction? PLEASE?!?