First off - I'm out in the country visiting Lisa. She's gone out to visit her horse. Although she invited me along - well let's just say I'm not really a horse person. But I'm here on dial-up and good heavens is it painful!! I managed 4 games of Free Cell just waiting for this to upload!! Tara - how do you do it???
Anyway - on to ten things
1. I can't get out of a car very well. Grace has never and will never be my middle name. I embarass myself even when there is no one around me when I try and get out. I just can't figure out how to turn my legs and exit gracefully. And you should see me in a van or truck. Very painful to watch. It usually takes me about 5 minutes to get out of the car - slightly less in summer
2. While a pretty good driver while going frontwards, my backing up skills are very lacking. I do it v e r y s l o w! When it's cold out, I back into the drive way and it usually takes me 3 or 4 tries. I've backed into things. I backed into the fence in the backyard about 3 weeks after I got a new car. I've backed into several cars. I've learned to be cautious.
3. I walk the opposite of a duck. My feet turn inwards when I walk and my shoes just look odd after a while. And I get these nasty looking callouses on the inside of my big toes and along the side of my feet.
4. I hate changing lightbulbs. I have 3 to change in the bathroom - there is a bank of lights with 6 big light fixtures. I figure I'll wait until I'm down to one still working and then get one of the boys to change them for me. Although first I'll have to unscrew one and take it to the light store (Canadian Tire) and get a bunch like it since they are specialty sized bulbs.
5. This next one is a Canadian thing. I just don't "get" the appeal of Tim Hortons. I'm not really a Timmy's fan. I like coffee, but Timmy's coffee just isn't anything special. On my way to work I always stopp a different franchise because I like their coffee better - and no, it isn't Starbuck's either.
6. I like sneezing. Whenever I get a cold, I always hope sneezing comes with it. In fact, when I was younger I tried to make myself sneeze by sniffing some laundry detergent. Warning to the young ones. Do Not Do This. It does not cause sneezing, it only burns the inside of your nose.
7. I hate blowing up balloons. While I was at the previous job, they were filling a girls work station with balloons because it was her birthday the next day. Unfortunately for me, they wanted them blown up. I helped, but my heart was racing the entire time.
8. I'm scared of crickets. I think snakes are cool. I don't like spiders at all at all, but I can kill them if they are in the house (and risk rain) but put a cricket in front of me and I turn tail and run the other way.
9. OK - this one is embarrasing. I pick my feet. It starts with those nasty callouses on my big toes. I start picking the skin off and then get carried away. By the time I'm done, the whole bottom of my big toe is sore. I have managed to break this habit for the most part though.
10. I don't like tomato based foods. This runs the gamut from spagetti to chili to pizza (except hawaiian) to natchos. If it has tomato in it, I probably won't like it. Yet - Campbells Tomato Soup is one of my comfort foods.
Well - that's it for me. I'll tag anyone who hasn't done this already. And I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will actually post on dial-up.