Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Walk the Line - Update


I just got home from seeing this most excellent movie. What a great movie and I agree with all the buzz on it. Joaquin just smouldered on the screen as Johnny Cash and Reese was excellent as June Carter. It was weird when I was watching it. There was a scene in the movie where they were recording a live record at Folson Prison and I remembered that at one time I actually had the record (this was the days before CD's) I had completely forgotten about that. And in an interesting bit of trivia that falls into the "I did not know that" the scene in the movie where he proposes to her during a live concert actually took place in the city where I live in an arena about 2 miles from where I live. (I read it in last Saturday's paper). The picture above is from that scene. So if you see the movie, when it comes to that scene and it says Ontario, Canada at the bottom, add a quick little London to it too *grin*.
I thought the singing was very very good considering they are movie stars and not singers. Even if you aren't a fan of Johnny Cash, I highly recommend this movie. Above all, it's a real life love story! There are warts, but that's what makes it even makes it more compelling.


and confession time - I "stole" the picture from Gabrielle's blog. Hope you don't mind.

Two good movies in 2 days - gotta love that!

'til later



There was another article in our local paper about when/where he proposed to June.

8 comments:

CindyS said...

I used to go see all movies at the theatres but nowadays I only go for sci-fi or fantasy movies because they show beautiful on the big screen.

I'll be waiting for this movie to come out on DVD because I am sure it won't matter the size of screen I see it on ;)

Bob wants to see Narnia at the theatre and I agree so we'll be doing that over the Christmas break.

Bob also took me to all of the Matrix movies at the theatre although he didn't understand much of what was going on. The special effects alone took my breath away.

Ooops, rambling again.

Glad you found a copy of The Outsider!

CindyS

Gabrielle said...

Shut UP!!!!! WTL won't be out here until FEBRUARY and I'm just sick about it!!! Doesn't make any diference at all that I got the soundtrack last night and have been playing it ever since, because this is one movie experience I just need to dive right into, SOMERSAULT into and swim around. I can tell this is a piece of work with actors at their finest, telling an important story, and works like that always thrill me and give me renewed verve for writing.

PS. Don't mind at all :-)

Tara Marie said...

I can't wait to see this movie. We love Johnny Cash.

My son loves trains so we accidently taught him "I hear the train a comin', it's rolling round the bend, I ain't seen the sunshine, since I don't know when..."

People kind of look strangely at you when they hear a 4 year old singing "Folsom Prison Blues."

Anonymous said...

Cindy: Ron doesn't go to the theatre anymore either other than once a year. But he's seen a lot more current movies than I have watching The Movie Network. And I'm glad I found The Outsider too :)
Gabrielle: I feel your pain. I really think I'm going to get the soundtrack too. And it is a movie to dive into. I went with a neighbour and I'm going to see it again with my sister (wincing in sympathy pain that you have to wait.) Just out of curiosity - will it be playing in English when you see it?
Tara: Cute story about your son. And it's a wonderful scene (amongst a whole bunch of wonderful scenes) when he sings Folsom Prison Blues for the first time.

Megan Frampton said...

I really want to see this, too. I love Joaquin. LOVE him. And I got to see Johnny Cash perform, which was cool. He was incredible.

Gabrielle said...

It'll be in English but I suspect because it's going to be a big film that it'll be in French also. Though most French speakers will go to see the English (subtitled) version because they don't like dubbed.

Get the soundtrack--it's great! And nice pics ;-)

Vivi Anna said...

Good to hear that it is a great movie. I adore Joaquin and have seen everything he's done. He's my current obsession...LOL

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Protonix home Bird cabinet cage hardware Poker or slots game online training surveillance camera in australian workplace