Monday, July 25, 2011

email time again

Here is a series of emails that went back and forth with a coworker. I'm still on the email loop of the department I previously worked in so by all rights I shouldn't even have got it in the first place


It works better for this if you start at the bottom and work up :-)

From: Kristie
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:44 PM
To:Tanya
Subject: RE:

Well, see – the theory goes that if I pass the song to you, it leaves my head and passes to you or whoever I send it to. But if that person doesn’t know the song, then it doesn’t work. You see – the song knows who know him or her and will not travel to an unreceptive brain. The song feeds on the brain cells of whoever’s brain it’s in. But it needs the brain cells to know it.

Does that make sense? It’s kind of like zombies.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGaI_DtiMwwOw0szhbGeZNvTlG1jrH5c70lPum8eJJuuHQ5F40sVHYZ1w

Kristie

From: Tanya
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:32 PM
To:, Kristie
Subject: RE:

So if I tell you I do know the song, would that help?? (even if I didn’t)

From: Kristie
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:16 PM
To: Tanya
Subject: RE:

Of course now I have an ear worm going on in my head about that song by the Guess Who

Don’t you wanna rain dance

Don’t you wanna rain dance

Don’t you wanna rain dance

Don’t you wanna rain dance with me?

Fifi said to Don the baker
Can you show me how to bake another bun, Don,
And I’m still sittin’ with my next door neighbour sayin’
Where’d you get the gun, John?

Don’t you wanna rain dance

Don’t you wanna rain dance

Don’t you wanna rain dance with me?

Christopher was askin’ the astronomer
Can your telescope tell me where the sun’s gone,
And I’m still sittin’ with my next door neighbour sayin’
Where’d you get the gun, John?

>>>>
Don’t you wanna rain dance with me?
<<<<

Changin’ just a few things
Laughin’ when the bell rings, on the go
Changin’ just a few things
Shootin’ when the bird sings.

Don’t you wanna rain dance with me?

Now you are younger than me so you may not know this song. In which case I can’t really pass it on to you and get it out of my head.


Kristie

From: Tanya
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:03 PM
To: Kristie
Subject: RE:

You are TOO funny

From:Kristie
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:02 PM
To: Tanya
Subject: RE:

I wouldn’t mind discussing the weather and how we are going to get it to stop being so hot. While true, there are some oddballs who actually like weather this hot, I think more people would like to see it a bit cooler. I don’t think this particular agenda item will take up too much time. My suggestion is a group of us go out and do a Native Canadian Rain Dance to see if we can get rain which might cool things off.

MC900155292[1]MC900155292[1]MC900155292[1]MC900155292[1]MC900155292[1]MC900155292[1]MC900155292[1]

(one can sometimes tell when I am bored)

Kristie

From: Tanya
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:50 PM
To:
Subject:

If anyone has any agenda items they would like added for discussion at our next meeting, if you could forward them to me by end of day July 25/11. Our next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday July 27/11

Thank you

Tanya

No comments: