Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Why it's not a good thing

This is why it might not be a good thing to go to the bookstore when you're borderline depressed:


(1)
I have no idea why I bought this one. I've never read her books before and like I really need another book abut a member of the British Peerage. I think I must have about 27 of them TBR


(2)
I've barely even heard of this author before let alone read any of her books.


(3)
See (1). Not only that - but it's published by Avon. I can only say because the hero is a Welsh Gypsy who spells his name Daffyd. I shall try and resist thinking daffodil.


(4)
Now THIS one makes sense. I'm one of the few I think who really enjoyed Crazy Hot. This is the book I was looking for but didn't think would be there.


7 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm borderline depressed right now as well, which is why I'm avoiding bookstores!

If it makes you feel any better - I've heard really positive feedback on the Gracie and Layton titles.

Kristie (J) said...

Wacky things are happening. I did post a comment but it got eaten. I did see the Layton got a 5 star review at TRR. Did something happen to the site BTW 'cause I went there to double check after I came home with the book and I couldn't get on the site.

Gabrielle said...

Kristie, books are just what you need when you're borderline depressed. Books and DVDs with scrummy guys. I hope you're feeling better soon. Maybe some chocolate would help?

Anonymous said...

*grin* I did get chocolate too. Two chocolate bars - one of them I never buy - so it wasn't just unexpected books.

Megan Frampton said...

Layton fell off my auto-love list with her last couple of books, so I'm curious to see what you think. And about the chocolate, what you think about that, too.

ReneeW said...

Nothing cheers me up quite like a book shopping trip and it lasts longer than a chocolate high! I read 2 Gracie's and loved them so I'm considering this one. Let us know what you think.

meljean brook said...

I loved the first half of the Gracie book, but the second half (in which the sisters go on the run from their guardian) was not as good. The hero was fantastic, with some memorable lines (reminded me a bit of Loretta Chase in the humor and style). The heroine wasn't as wonderful, but I never wanted to kill her, so that was good. I haven't read the others, but quite a few are on my list of "when I get time".