Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Miscellaneous etceterra

I'm afraid I don't have anything to profound to say this time - not that what I ever say is profound. I worked a 10 hour day today and the creative juices have stopped flowing. A lot of times at work, I'm left with not a whole lot to do and I pass the time thinking up what to say in a blog. Happily, because it makes the day go by much faster, that has changed in the past week. It seems to be either famine or feast. I'm in a feast right now. I actually feel like I've earned a paycheck lately.
By the end of the day though, my brain is tired.

A couple of things though.

I need to change my "eagerly anticipating" to "annoyed and more than eagerly anticipating". It used to be I could find the next month's releases on the shelves a couple of days early. Here we are on October 11, and I still haven't seen what I'm really looking for. After I stopped at the gas station on the way home, paid $35 to fill up my car - and it still wasn't full - I stopped at the book store right next to it. I found the Tara Janzen book - but that was the only one so far. I was not a happy camper. What is happening lately? I've noticed this for the past 3 months now. I think I got spoiled - but still, the release date for the ones I want was October 4 and they STILL aren't there. Sorry Megan - I am looking.

We just had our Thanksgiving weekend here. I was off and on the internet - more off than on. I miss a lot of things in cyberspace when that happens.

My son gave me the Trivia Pursuit CD Rom off of his box of Honey Nut Cheerios. I've been rather humbled playing it. I always thought of myself as a Trivia Guru, but this has me beat. I find it rather amusing though that the history questions are mainly events that took place in the 1980's and 1990's. I think I would do much better if they took place in the 1880's and 1890's. Now THAT would be history.

I see in a rather bizarre news story that Unicef has killed off Smurfette in an anti-war campaign. As one who used to sit and watch The Smurfs with my sons when they were small every Saturday morning, I found this quite disquieting. I don't have any political comment on it - but still - The Smurfs????



'til later

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Hope you find your books soon. I hate when I can't find the ones that I'm really trying to get.

Megan Frampton said...

Kristie:

Thanks for the shout-out! And if you do find it, I hope you enjoy it. If you don't, that's fine, too. Good luck with work and books and such.

Tara Marie said...

Welcome back to the land of bloggers, you've been missed.

I hate being disappointed when looking for books, that's probably why I order most of mine directly through my local UBS/indie bookstore.

I'm going to B&N today looking for Megan's book. I'll get you one and ship it. If they don't have it, I'm ordering it today.

I picked up the Janzen book over the weekend, but Keishon is the second person to say they couldn't get into it, not a good sign.

Tara

Anonymous said...

Keishon, no she's not new. It's Glenna McReynolds in another name. I loved River of Eden and have been waiting for her next book for a while now.

Megan, they do have your book in the city, but it's a half hour drive away from where I live - same chain store though. That's why it's so annoying that I can't find it near me.

Nicole - it's like some kind of withdrawl isn't it, you know there out there but you just can't find them.