Sunday, March 07, 2021

Kind of a Recent Read- but not really

 

During my absence I still wrote reveiws on GoodReads.  I've signed up for their reading challenge for the past few years and this is a book I first read in October of 2021.  I just finished the second book in this series so before I post a review of it, I thought I'd post the review of this first book.  Plus this is a test to see if I could still copy and paste the review from GoodReads here.  I know I could but as I've been away for a while and some things have changed, I wasn't sure I could figure out if I still could.  Turns out I can so I did.

I'm ever so glad because now when my brain is stuck for something to post, until it unfreezes I can post a review.  And since I read and reviewed 177 books in 2020 even though my goal was 140 books, which means I scored 126% I can afford a number of brain freezes and still post.  Yeah.


Love in Numbers (Love Distilled #1)Love in Numbers by Scarlett Cole

4.5 out of 5

I’m a huge fan of this author. I’ve really enjoyed reading The Second Circle Tattoos series and I’m simply mad for the Preload series. I’ve read all of the books in this series at least twice, some (Jordan Reclaimed) at least 4 times. So when I saw her tweet that she would be releasing a new book the next day, well guess what the first thing I did was. And guess what I started reading the same day.

Connor is the hero. He’s been working for his father’s liquor distribution company for a while now and as his father is due to retire soon, Connor is ready to take over and make a number of changes hoping to go for higher quality.
Emmerson is the heroine and she has what seems the weight of the world on her shoulders. Her beloved father recently passed away very unexpectedly and she becomes head of Dyers Distillery. While she has a younger brother and sister to help, she doesn’t want to burden them so feels she has to handle everything herself. She and Connor meet on a plane when they are both headed to the same awards ceremony and Connor is a jerk to her. He’s a jerk, but a very hot jerk and despite the off putting meeting, she does find him very fine. But as soon as he hears her name, Connor knows who she is. She’s the daughter of the man his father holds responsible for all the hard times he had when he got their company up and running.

One of the things Connor thinks of is acquiring Dyers Distillery. But when they end up sitting together at the award ceremony, the both see that the first impression they had of each other is all wrong. The more Connor gets to know Emmerson, the more he admires her for her strength and loyalty to her family and the business. It isn’t long before they become very close and Connor sees what a real family company is.

This book isn’t as angsty as the Preload series and has a totally different vibe to it. But I still was smitten with it and definitely keeps Scarlet Cole as one of my top favourite authors. I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a book that gives you the warm and fuzzies.

View all my reviews

No comments: