Thursday, February 11, 2021

Gone but not Forgotten

 Although it's been a long (long, long) time since last I posted, this blog has never been far from my mind and there is many a time I've thought about something and thought "I need to do a post about that" only to get busy doing something else and then forget the thought I wanted to blog about.


But I signed up for Wendy, SuperLibrarian's TBR Challenge so I knew I needed to get things up and running again.  Plus I had an even more important reason for finally blogging again.  February is Black History Month and while I've read and truly enjoyed books by Black authors and other romances by POC, I haven't read enough and I want to change that.  So I mad a commitment to myself that every book I read in February would be a book by a Black author.  So far I'm behind in the number I've been hoping to read.  I blame the impeachment trial for part of that.  But so far these are the books I've read


Disgraced by Brittainy C. Cherry.  It was a reread and posted on GoodReads

The Object of Love by Sharon Cullars.  It also was a reread of a book I read a while ago and thoroughly enjoyed and is also posted on GroodReads

Forbidden by Beverly Jenkins.  New read that really got to me - in a good way.  I'm working on a review of it

And I'm 3/4's of the way through Deliver Me by Farrah Rochon which I'm very much enjoying.


After that I'm thinking of reading one of the two books I have by Alyssa Cole, then K.M. Jackson, Nana Malone and Delaney Diamond.  These are all authors I haven't read but I have some of their books in the TBR pile.


Since I'm back - at least for now and hopefully longer - I'll post my reviews of the books I'm reading.  For now, I'm happy that at least I finally put up a new post.  There aren't any pictures this time but I'll get to that.


'til later

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I've heard really good things about Forbidden and I won't tell you how long I've had a copy on my Kindle - it's embarrassing, truly.

Welcome back to the blog!

azteclady said...

::waving joyfully:: Hi there, Kristie!

LinnieGayl said...

Enjoyed reading this, and can't wait to read what you think of the other books on your list!

Kristie (J) said...

Wendy, thanks. Now I just need to stay back. You’ve been a big inspiration in returning.. I’ve had Forbidden for a while too and both of us being such confirmed fans of Westerns, I have no excuse. I just wish with all my heart so many of her Westerners weren’t so expensive. I did get her latest release, Wild Rain, as it was going for a very good price preorder. I’m so backed up on books tough * sigh of frustration

AL: waving back madly. It’s so good to ‘see’ you again. Now I need my blogging voice to keep yelling at me. It has been but either not loud enough or I’ve been too stupid/stubborn to listen. But the ears are cleaned out for now. I just need to keep them that way..

LinnieGay: I finished Deliver Me, enjoyed it and picked up another book in the series as well as another book of hers and now I’m reading Tell Me Something Good by Jamie Wesley and it’s adorable, an opposite attracts book. So now I need to get cracking before I get too far behind. Every one has been four stars or higher and you know what that means; that recommend box pops up on GoodReads.

Marg said...

Isn't it funny that blogging never quite leaves you! I am so pleased to see a couple of posts from you! Welcome back!

Kristie (J) said...

Marg, so true. I never plan to be gone this long, especially my latest absence but I plan on sticking longer. In fact I’m doing up a list of topics that have been percolating and should keep me going for a while. Hopefully it then will be habitat again.