Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Because....

Wendy of SuperLibrarian fame has her latest TBR book up and it's one I "encouraged" (relentlessly hounded) along with Rosie's help, the least I can do is finally update on how thing are going and recent books read. First off, (Nath) I have 2 new kittens only 8 weeks old. They are (very, very, very) rambunctious. Adorable though they are, they exhaust me. For any Law and Order SVU fans, I called them Munch and Finn. They are brothers from the same litter. Because they are so little, Munch in particular seems to think I'm his mama and when he's tired, feels the need to suck on any part of my body he can get to; my fingers, my toes, my arms, my neck. Last night it was the end of my nose!! Finn, on the other hand, goes for either my neck or for some bizarre reason, the top of my head. And they are both most persistent little critters. On a couple of occasions, I've gotten tired of removing them and I've sat in hot summer weather covered in a blanket. On the book front, I've been on a real Shannon Stacey/Kowalski Brothers books. I think I'm up to about book 5 now. Having said that I just did a wonderful reread of a book I first read years ago, The Lighthouse Keeper by Susan Wiggs. I LOVED it and simply must do a review. I'm slow on the uptake sometimes and I've just discovered the Kindle Daily Deal and it's become the first thing I check every morning. I don't get them every day but I have gooten some fine finds. I got a keyboard to go along with my iPad since my other Internet is still on the fritz, but as with much of the electronic type stuff, I still haven't really figured out how it works. I have figured out texting though, in part of what I learned in Atlanta. I don't do it much, but I know how. Cant send pictures though. That's still beyond me. Well, that's the latest news. Though I can't promise to be back soon since if I do, that seems to be the kiss of death, I will keep my fingers crossed that I will do better. 'til later

4 comments:

azteclady said...

*pounce*

Oh my goodness, soooooo awesome to "see" you, KristieJ!

*squeeeeeeeeeeeze*

*ahem*

Wendy said...

I can't believe you got kittens! What about Satan Cat?

I read The Lighthouse Keeper eons ago, and remember liking it - but it's not a favorite among Wiggs' historicals. The Drifter was also recently reprinted. Have you read that one? I just read it several months ago and really liked that one a lot!

nath said...

hi Kristie!!

yes, what happened to Satan cat? Better train these ones better! :P

Glad to hear from you, Kristie :) Always glad :P

I've had The Lighthouse Keeper in my TBR pile for years... have yet to read it ^_^; oups.

karen said...

would like to get blog by email at k527@msn.com